Hoping to age gracefully? Don’t resort to chemical concoctions. Instead, try using natural anti-aging products.
Look for products that have one or more of the natural anti-aging ingredients listed below.
You may think of pomegranate as a tasty fruit, but it can do so much more than simply delight your taste buds. Comprised of anti-aging compounds, this fruit is commonly used as a natural anti-aging ingredient.
Based on the conclusions from a study published in 2016, pomegranate can effectively fight against visible signs of aging. This is because the fruit produces urolithin A, a molecule that prevents cell degeneration.
Pomegranate also contains Punic acid, which is an omega-5 fatty acid that supports collagen retention.
Did you know that as we age our natural hyaluronic acid levels decrease? This causes moisture loss, which shows up on the skin in the form of:
- Dry patches
- Fine lines
If you want to maintain a youthful appearance, incorporating hyaluronic acid into your skincare regimen can help. It will:
- Increase the moisture level of your skin.
- Help repair tissues.
- Contribute to good skin health.
- Keep collagen levels high.
- Maintain skin elasticity.
If you want your skin to stay smooth and supple as you age, you absolutely need vitamin E.
- This vitamin will reverse dryness by hydrating your skin and keeping that moisture locked in.
- It will also help to reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
- This natural anti-aging ingredient is full of antioxidants that fight against free radicals.
- It also protects you from environmental elements that could possibly harm your skin.
This oil is derived from a Jojoba seed. Here is how it can help you:
- Jojoba oil hydrates the skin.
- Because the structure of Jojoba oil mimics the structure of our skin’s natural oils, it gets absorbed very quickly.
- The hydrating effects are long-lasting because it doesn’t evaporate.
- Jojoba oil’s Vitamin E and B content, along with its antioxidants and minerals, will keep your skin nourished and protected.
Its nourishing, hydrating, and protective qualities make Jojoba oil a great choice for a natural anti-aging ingredient. It’s the perfect solution if you feel self-conscious about your fine lines and wrinkles.
According to Dr. Jennifer Vickers, who works at Sanova Dermatology as a board-certified dermatologist, “Algae has demonstrated anti-aging properties by inhibiting enzymes that break down collagen in the skin.”
Dr. Vickers goes on to say, “Some algae can also reduce the break down of hyaluronic acid within the skin, thus improving hydration and suppleness.”
If you think about it, algae’s effectiveness for reversing signs of aging makes sense. After all, it grows in some pretty harsh environments that include pollution, bacteria, and frequent changes in temperature and light.
It has a natural ability to protect itself from these elements. If it can protect itself, then why couldn’t it do a great job of protecting your skin from those same elements?
Get started with a great natural anti-aging product. Bourgoyne’s Facial Moisturizer is made of Jojoba oil, pomegranate, and hyaluronic acid. When you use it twice per day you will notice a difference in your skin.